New Connect Worldwide Chapter - Connect Carolinas

BillPedersen

Mar 26, 2010, 2:32:37 PM3/26/10
Hello!

My apologies to all who are not in the Carolinas, but since this
communications mechanism is worldwide I encourage anyone who is
interested in OpenVMS to join this Chapter as well.

We are in the process of organizing a Connect Chapter here in the
South Eastern United States - Connect Carolinas. There are a many
Hewlett-Packard customers here in the area and would like to bring
them together for education, business networking as well as social
networking.

While my personal interests focus on OpenVMS and the Carolinas have a
rich history with Digital Equipment Corporation and OpenVMS -
Charlotte being the birthplace of All-In-One, possibly the most
successful software product associated with OpenVMS - I also realize
we have HP-UX users, and NonStop users as well as users of Windows and
Linux on HP platforms. You are all welcome. We can figure out the
segmentation and create sub-chapters as necessary as we grow.

We have a "home" on the Connect Worldwide website - just follow this
link (http://www.connect-community.org/members/group_select.asp?
type=4796) to the list of Chapters, scroll down and then select
"Connect Carolinas". You do not have to pay to be a member of the
Chapter, you can join both Connect Carolinas and Connect for free as a
Chapter Affiliate member. There are a lot of other benefits of being a
paying member of Connect Worldwide but you can decide for yourself on
that later.

We look forward hearing from you and others as we build Connect
Carolinas.

We also look forward to hearing what you want from us and how we can
help you.

Thanks for your time!

Regards,

Bill.

Bill Pedersen

Michael Kraemer

Mar 26, 2010, 2:48:49 PM3/26/10
to BillPedersen
In article <649fc223-ba46-4b51...@o30g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,

BillPedersen <wmape...@gmail.com> writes:

> While my personal interests focus on OpenVMS and the Carolinas have a
> rich history with Digital Equipment Corporation and OpenVMS -
> Charlotte being the birthplace of All-In-One, possibly the most
> successful software product associated with OpenVMS - I also realize
> we have HP-UX users, and NonStop users as well as users of Windows and
> Linux on HP platforms. You are all welcome. We can figure out the
> segmentation and create sub-chapters as necessary as we grow.

Since you posted in an Ultrix NG:
how many active Ultrix users to you expect?