Last Digital Branded version of Digital Unix/tru64?

urbancamo

Jan 16, 2011, 1:47:33 PM1/16/11
Sorry for asking this as I'm sure I've found out the answer before,
but can anyone tell me off hand what the last version of Digital Unix/
tru64 that was branded DIGITAL rather than Compaq? My gut feeling is
that it's around 4.0d, but I don't know for sure. I only current have
looked at two versions - 3.2c and 4.0g - it's definitely changed in
between these two version.

Thanks for the help, Mark.

Dennis Grevenstein

Jan 16, 2011, 6:06:41 PM1/16/11

I have 4.0d (which is still Digital) and 4.0f (already Compaq).
I don't have 4.0e.

Dennis

--
Don't suffer from insanity...
Enjoy every minute of it.

Michael Kraemer

Jan 17, 2011, 2:28:21 AM1/17/11
urbancamo schrieb:

Digital UNIX V4.0D Operating System Dec 1997 AG-QTM9E-BE
Digital UNIX V4.0E Operating System Nov 1998 AG-QTM9F-BE
Compaq Tru64 UNIX V4.0F Operating System Apr 1999 AG-QTM9G-BE

urbancamo

Jan 18, 2011, 4:52:28 PM1/18/11

Thanks for the info guys,

Anyone have a V4.0E CD image I could pull down?

Thanks, Mark

Martin

Jan 18, 2011, 7:52:58 PM1/18/11

It's been a long time, but I believe that the name transition was
partially accomplished in V4.0E -- some things in it may say "Compaq
Tru64 UNIX V4.0E", even though the kit name may say "Digital UNIX".
V4.0D is definitely all Digital.

Martin

R.A.Omond

Jan 19, 2011, 6:25:05 AM1/19/11

Hi Mark, yes, I've got one ... I'll make a block-for-block copy
on a VMS system, and I'll send you instructions for you to FTP.

I'm such a hero :-)

Hans Vlems

Jan 20, 2011, 2:33:12 AM1/20/11
> I'm such a hero :-)- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

Another possibility is to use unix' dd command. Transfer the
outputfile via ftp and use it as input for Nero to burn a new cd.
Tell Nero that it is an .iso file and it'll burn a perfect copy.
Hans

system PRIVILEGED account

Jan 20, 2011, 6:01:51 AM1/20/11
Hans Vlems wrote:

I used brasero to burn the block-for-block copy and it worked perfectly.
I can confirm that everything I've seen so far in 4.0E looks Digital branded.

Thanks, Mark.

ajit.19...@gmail.com

May 21, 2014, 8:47:26 AM5/21/14