Memory Channel API

John

Jun 6, 2014, 10:12:31 AM6/6/14
In Tru64 5.1B memory channel cluster id there a way to tell if there is any program dependencies on memory channel API ? I did not setup or manage this cluster, I looking to get off of memory channel..

Thanks

Martin

Jun 7, 2014, 7:52:16 PM6/7/14
On Friday, June 6, 2014 10:12:31 AM UTC-4, John wrote:
> In Tru64 5.1B memory channel cluster id there a way to tell if there is any program dependencies on memory channel API ? I did not setup or manage this cluster, I looking to get off of memory channel..
>

> Thanks

One thing to look for would be whether IMC_AUTO_INIT is set to 1 in /etc/rc.config. If not, the MC API library isn't being initialized at boot, so it's not too likely that anything is using it. :)

Ref: chapter 10 in http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/base_doc/DOCUMENTATION/V51B_HTML/ARHH0ETE/TITLE.HTM

Robert Urban

Jun 13, 2014, 3:47:13 PM6/13/14
use the "ldd" command on the executable. If you see a reference to
"libimc.so", the program was linked against the memory channel library.

cheers,

Rob

example:

# ldd mc-ping

Main => mc-ping
libimc.so => /usr/shlib/libimc.so
libc.so => /usr/shlib/libc.so

John

Jul 7, 2014, 6:20:58 PM7/7/14
On Friday, June 6, 2014 10:12:31 AM UTC-4, John wrote:
> In Tru64 5.1B memory channel cluster id there a way to tell if there is any program dependencies on memory channel API ? I did not setup or manage this cluster, I looking to get off of memory channel..
>

> Thanks

Thanks for the info