Mail Errors

George Kallas

Mar 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/25/97

Many of my customers are getting the following error message when they
check their mail: "Your mailbox was not in the expected format. It was
in the format mixed (old followed by configured)"

While users can still get their mail even after they get this message,
some users are getting the message several times a day and are
comlaining about cleaning the messages from their mailbox.

I have been able to recreate the problem on my account using several
different e-mail programs. However, this has not helped me track down
the problem.

I am running SCO Unix System V/386 Release 3.2. For e-mail I am
running the mmdf program that ships with SCO and popper v1.831 from
UCB.