Interactive vs. 53C510 NCR SCSI

Geoff Steckel

Aug 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/14/95
Has anyone gotten the NCR (Symbios) 53C810 to install Interactive 4.1?
I'm trying to upgrade a system from an ancient 386 to a 486/PCI
motherboard.

Is there any special IRQ assignment or other requirement?

Symptoms:
After booting from the boot/install disk, the install says that
it has detected no hard disk controller. It prompts for a boot/install
driver disk.

The boot/install driver disk brings up a list of +- 18 devices.
53C810 is #15. I enter 15. Install then says 'no such device or address'
ie ENXIO.

The system is a Asus SP3G motherboard (award bios), 32 meg memory, and
a Diamond Stealth video card.

Any suggestions??????
thanks!

(the PeeCee architecture is amazingly complex for so little return!)
--
I own the company. Opinions worth what you paid for them.
Geoff Steckel gwes%o...@trilobyte.com

Jack Neman

Aug 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/14/95
There were bunch of fixes to the ncr810 and PCI support for release 4.1 of
of IUS. The patch ids for these fixes are 102241-01, 102242-01, and 102243-01.
These patches are on the http://access1.sun.com/cgi-bin/ius_fgateway
WWW.

RVanSaun

Aug 17, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/17/95
Had similar problem with 4.1.Problem was fixed with new BIOS from Intel.
Also check Interactive's Patch Page on Web
HTTP://access1.sun.com./gateway/
ius.html (Patch for driver available).