IPX on Solaris 2.x

1 view

Glenn R. Johnson (HTSC)

Sep 1, 1995, 3:00:00 AM9/1/95
I'm trying to locate an IPX stack for Solaris. I know that Beam & Whiteside
used to make one that they no longer sell. Does anyone know of a good one out
there ?

--
Glenn R Johnson
Hughes Aircraft

"Live life with no regrets"

Bryan Althaus

Sep 5, 1995, 3:00:00 AM9/5/95
Glenn R. Johnson (HTSC) (gjoh...@eos.hitc.com) wrote:
: I'm trying to locate an IPX stack for Solaris. I know that Beam & Whiteside

: used to make one that they no longer sell. Does anyone know of a good one out
: there ?

SunSoft sells one called SolarNet. Below is a marketing blurb. The latest
version I believe support NetWare 4.x if thats a problem.

-------------------------
New SolarNet LAN Client for Solaris

SolarNet LAN Client 1.1 for Solaris is a scalable software solution
that integrates Solaris, the leading UNIX environment, with LAN Manager
and NetWare environments, allowing Solaris users to transparently
access and share NOS-based applications, file, and print capabilities.

Using SolarNet LAN Client, LAN Manager- and NetWare-based resources
appear locally to Solaris users, allowing them to drag and drop files
between NFS and PC LAN file systems directly from their familiar file
manager. In addition, SolarNet LAN Client allows users to list services
and volumes on the network, log in and out of remote servers, and
mount/unmount remote volumes or shared directories. SolarNet LAN Client
1.1 is compatible with Novell NetWare 2.x and 3.x network operating
systems and all SMB-compatible or LAN Manager servers, including
Microsoft LAN Manager, Windows NT 3.5, and IBM OS/2 LAN Server.

Pricing and Availability

SolarNet LAN Client 1.1 for Solaris will be available in July. Pricing
starts at $299 for a single-user license with volume discounts
available on purchases of 10 licenses and up.