pkgadd/pkgask

Andreas Schuh

Nov 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/8/00
Hi!

We want automatically package-installation without interactive inputs.
So we tried
"pkgask -d /tmp/Package.pkg -r /tmp/Package.answer Package". Then we got
the
error-message:
"pkgask: ERROR: package does not contain an interactive request script
Processing of request script failed.
No changes were made to the system."

What have we done wrong? We are using Solaris2.6 on
Fujitsu/Siemens-Sparc-Clones.

Thanks,
Andreas/Gregor

Matt Simmons

Nov 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/9/00

AS> Hi! We want automatically package-installation without
AS> interactive inputs. So we tried "pkgask -d /tmp/Package.pkg
AS> -r /tmp/Package.answer Package". Then we got the
AS> error-message: "pkgask: ERROR: package does not contain an
AS> interactive request script Processing of request script
AS> failed. No changes were made to the system."

The -r flag is used to supply answers to request scripts - scripts
that ask you questions during the installation. Request scripts live
in $PKGDIR/install/request.

I'm assuming that you meant to specify an admin file - the file used
to pre-answer the questions that pkgadd itself asks (do you want to
install conflicting files, do you want to override the dependency
warnings, etc). Take a look at the admin(4) manpage. These files are
specified with the -a flag. See /var/sadm/install/admin/default for
the default admin file used by pkgadd. Copy somewhere else and edit
as necessary.

Matt

--
Matt Simmons - simm...@eng.sun.com - http://www.netcom.com/~simmonmt
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a hollow-point .38 slug could take out