Solaris 7 Reference Manual

9 views
Skip to first unread message

Abandoned_Trolley

unread,
May 25, 2021, 1:09:44 PMMay 25
to


Just having a bit of a clear out, and found a fat Sun book titled
"Solaris 7 Reference" by Janice Winsor, which I am never going to need
again.

Its more than 1500 pages of paperback in fairly good condition and once
upon a time it cost one of my employers about $45 - the ISBN looks like
0-13-020048-4

If its of any use to anybody in the UK then they are welcome to it for
the cost of the postage.

Form an orderly queue ?

AT

Grant Taylor

unread,
May 27, 2021, 1:47:16 AMMay 27
to
On 5/25/21 11:09 AM, Abandoned_Trolley wrote:
> If its of any use to anybody in the UK then they are welcome to it for
> the cost of the postage.

What would book / media postage be to the U.S.A.?

> Form an orderly queue ?

I know it's not the U.K., but I've not seen any other takers comment
publicly.



--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

Abandoned_Trolley

unread,
May 27, 2021, 2:39:38 AMMay 27
to
I am not sure if its worth posting over there.

Theres one for sale right now on amazon.com for $3 but the postage is
another $24 :-\



Grant Taylor

unread,
May 27, 2021, 5:18:05 PMMay 27
to
On 5/27/21 12:39 AM, Abandoned_Trolley wrote:
> I am not sure if its worth posting over there.

I have no idea.

> Theres one for sale right now on amazon.com for $3 but the postage is
> another $24 :-\

Is that Amazon proper or their used book resale outlet -- I think --
AbeBooks?

I know that I end up buying a lot of odd books through such book resale
outlets. I suspect that there is one somewhere closer to you that would
then resell it to an interested party.

I know that I hate seeing books go away. :-(

Abandoned_Trolley

unread,
May 28, 2021, 2:41:39 AMMay 28
to
https://www.amazon.com/Solaris-7-Reference-Janice-Winsor/dp/0130200484/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Solaris+7+reference&qid=1622183872&s=books&sr=1-1


Its possible that the $24.95 shipping is to get it delivered to the UK
in which case you might get a better deal.

The actual vendor might be in Salinas CA ?



--
random signature text inserted here

Grant Taylor

unread,
May 28, 2021, 2:02:13 PMMay 28
to
On 5/28/21 12:41 AM, Abandoned_Trolley wrote:
> https://www.amazon.com/Solaris-7-Reference-Janice-Winsor/dp/0130200484/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Solaris+7+reference&qid=1622183872&s=books&sr=1-1
>
> Its possible that the $24.95 shipping is to get it delivered to the UK
> in which case you might get a better deal.

Yep.

I'm seeing an estimate for $3.99 for shipping.

> The actual vendor might be in Salinas CA ?

Maybe. I don't think it matters much where they are in country as long
as they are in country, such as it effects shipping.

Grant Taylor

unread,
May 28, 2021, 2:03:58 PMMay 28
to
On 5/28/21 12:02 PM, Grant Taylor wrote:
> Maybe.  I don't think it matters much where they are in country as long
> as they are in country, such as it effects shipping.

That's mostly true. Alaska and Hawaii are in country but not part of
the main geography and as such take more in shipping.

viktormadarasz

unread,
Jun 12, 2021, 2:53:08 AMJun 12
to
Hi

Would You consider shipping it to Madrid, Spain by any chance?

Regards

Viktor

Abandoned_Trolley

unread,
Jun 13, 2021, 2:55:04 AMJun 13
to
Yeah, why not ?

If you send me a postcode / zipcode / or something I will get a quote
from Hermes in the morning

AT
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages