Weird compilation error

Mark

Aug 16, 2018, 10:23:30 AM8/16/18
We have started getting the following compilation error on code that
has compiled OK for ages. What does it mean?

>> Signal 10:
while processing<unknown-filename> at line 0.
gmake: *** [condtion.o] Error 1

The compiler command line looks reasonable.

--
I am the God of Hell fire and I bring you: Brexit

Andreas F. Borchert

Dec 2, 2019, 10:02:41 AM12/2/19
On 2018-08-16, Mark <i...@dontgetlotsofspamanymore.net> wrote:
> We have started getting the following compilation error on code that
> has compiled OK for ages. What does it mean?
>
> >> Signal 10:
> while processing<unknown-filename> at line 0.
> gmake: *** [condtion.o] Error 1
>
> The compiler command line looks reasonable.

Signal 10 is SIGBUS:

$ grep '\<10\>' /usr/include/sys/iso/signal_iso.h
#define SIGBUS 10 /* bus error */

This signal occur when an invalid address has been used --
in particular if alignment requirements are not met.

Andreas.

Keith Thompson

Dec 2, 2019, 12:51:56 PM12/2/19
comp.uni...@expires-on-2019-12-10.usenet.andreas-borchert.de
It's likely the OP solved or worked around the problem in the 16 months
since he posted.

But in general, if the compiler crashes it's a compiler bug.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) ks...@mib.org <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
Working, but not speaking, for Philips Healthcare

Viktor Madarasz

Jun 12, 2021, 3:02:49 AMJun 12
Hi

I have recently acquired a Sun Ultra 60.

I live in Madrid, Spain.

If anyone has any working HW or SW for this machine which He/She wish to
donate it away I would be happy to arrange shipping and put it into good
use.

Here is a short list of what I had in mind:

- Solaris 2.5.1 , 7 , 8, 9 for SPARC Original Boxed SW

- 450MHz CPU Pair for Ultra 60

- SunPCI II Pro Card

- Sun Gigabit (Fibre SX) Network Card

- SCSI Hard Disk (9.1, 18.2 , 36 GB)

- Memory Ram Modules

- Misc PCI Accessories

- External Disk Enclosure w/o Hard Drives - love them near as much as
tape drives -

- Tape Drives Internal and/or External - love tape drives @ lot-

Regards

Viktor