postgres 13 on SPARC, has anyone built from source?

ARZ Lab

Jun 1, 2021, 8:34:41 AMJun 1
Hi All,

I's been a while since I've built anything on SPARC, and to get a binary from source code, I'd have to bootstrap a whole ecosystem
Thats plan B.
But maybe the binary already exists?
Postgres site has SPARC binaries up to psql v12 only.
Opencsw up to 9

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Andrei

Chris Ridd

Jun 1, 2021, 3:44:15 PMJun 1
Have you looked at pkgsrc? It supports Illumos derivatives though not
necessarily Solaris or SPARC any more.

--
Chris

Steffen Moser

Jun 3, 2021, 12:03:43 PMJun 3
Hi Andrei,

maybe asking in the blog [1] or forums [2] of https://sfe.opencsw.org/
could help, maybe someone can provide you access to their build
environment. As far as I know (but I don't have a SPARC system running
Solaris 11 at hand), compiling PostgreSQL on Solaris should work
straight forward.

Kind regards,
Steffen

[1] https://sfe.opencsw.org/wishlist
[2] https://sfe.opencsw.org/forum

Ted Nolan

Jun 3, 2021, 12:13:49 PMJun 3
In article <s9augr$pu0$1...@solani.org>,
I know I did it circa 2010 and had no problems. I don't think I
needed the open source "ecosystem" beyond gcc. (Not like trying to
compile Gnome from scratch which I never did finish..)