ntp for solaris?

Alan Hannan

Jan 21, 1995, 8:22:26 PM1/21/95
I am interested in implementing ntp (network time protocol) among my
workstation cluster and syncing to an accurate host.
I assume that rdate is not the same as ntp...

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. I'm a bit disgruntled,
because the rfc didn't tell me too much, the archie search showed nothing
but nntp, and I'm the person in charge.... bwah.

--
+ al...@mid.net Network Operations Center (402)/472-0242, Fax (402)/472-0240 +
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + ++ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Alan Hannan

Jan 21, 1995, 11:35:19 PM1/21/95
Alan Hannan (al...@mid.net) wrote:
: I am interested in implementing ntp (network time protocol) among my
: workstation cluster and syncing to an accurate host.

Bah. I found it, thanx.... I found it about 10 minutes after the post,
thanks to the people that responded....

KP2 KP2

Jan 22, 2023, 7:43:09 PM1/22/23
Right on. Hope it works out.

hume.sp...@bofh.ca

Jan 26, 2023, 10:58:44 AM1/26/23
KP2 KP2 <jungl...@outlook.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, January 21, 1995 at 8:35:19 PM UTC-8, Alan Hannan wrote:

> Right on. Hope it works out.

You replied to a 28-*YEAR* old post. Trust me, the machine they were
working on is in the garbage by now.

--
Brandon Hume - hume -> BOFH.Ca, http://WWW.BOFH.Ca/

KP2 KP2

Jan 28, 2023, 6:30:03 PM1/28/23
Ha, thanks. Didn't see the date stamp.

Michael Kraemer @ home

Jan 29, 2023, 2:35:01 PM1/29/23
hume.sp...@bofh.ca wrote:
> KP2 KP2 <jungl...@outlook.com> wrote:
>
>>On Saturday, January 21, 1995 at 8:35:19 PM UTC-8, Alan Hannan wrote:
>

>>Right on. Hope it works out.
>

> You replied to a 28-*YEAR* old post. Trust me, the machine they were
> working on is in the garbage by now.

sure?
I've seen SunOS 4 (!) boxen from that timeframe still in production
until 2015 or so.

John D Groenveld

Jan 30, 2023, 7:09:26 AM1/30/23
In article <k3o02v...@mid.individual.net>,
Michael Kraemer @ home <M.Kr...@gsi.de> wrote:
>sure?
>I've seen SunOS 4 (!) boxen from that timeframe still in production
>until 2015 or so.

Rumor has it that FAA.GOV's Notice to Airmen system are Sun's of
ancient vintage.

Pete Buttigieg post-mortem on NTAM might be interesting especially
if Congress tells him to have NTSB.GOV write it so as we can learn
whether it was pilot or software error or both.
John
groe...@acm.org