Remote dtlogin still not working?

Frank Giessler

Sep 22, 2004, 3:23:28 AM9/22/04

I have two Blade 1500 running Solaris 9. They both run dtlogin which
we'd like to use to remotely login to each other via xdmcp. I installed
recent patches (about two weeks old) as well as 112807-11 which is
supposed to fix my problem but does not. I get the host list but when I
choose a host I'm presented with a login screen for the *local* machine
instead of the remote one. Looking at the running processes I see
something like:

/usr/openwin/bin/Xsun :0 -nobanner -auth /var/dt/A:0-bsai7h -indirect
<name_of_local_host>

Consequently, there is a 'Return to local host' button in the login
screen, but it doesn't work. The only way to get my local dtlogin is to
kill the above mentioned Xsun process.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,
Frank.

Thomas Dehn

Sep 22, 2004, 4:49:07 AM9/22/04

"Frank Giessler" <gies...@biomag.uni-jena.de> wrote:
> I have two Blade 1500 running Solaris 9. They both run dtlogin which
> we'd like to use to remotely login to each other via xdmcp. I installed
> recent patches (about two weeks old) as well as 112807-11 which is
> supposed to fix my problem but does not. I get the host list but when I
> choose a host I'm presented with a login screen for the *local* machine
> instead of the remote one.

I don't think the fixes in 112807-11 are supposed fix such a problem.
The fixes in 112807-11 are specifically for multiuser issues, where
several users use the chooser concurrently.

Thomas

Frank Giessler

Sep 28, 2004, 12:08:14 PM9/28/04

OK. I guess this was some misinterpretation from me. The problem
remains, though. The funny thing is, it's working well on an Ultra-2.
The only difference (in software) is that the Blade came with Solaris 9
preinstalled, whereas the Ultra-2 was installed from scratch.
Patchlevels are the same.

Frank