Start shutter from .bashrc will trigger a zombie progress state of it.

hongy...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2021, 10:45:47 PM9/13/21
I try to start shutter [1] from .bashrc with the following code snippet:

if type -fp shutter >/dev/null && ! ps h -C shutter >/dev/null; then
nohup shutter --min_at_startup &> /dev/null &
fi

But I always failed to start it with the following result:

$ ps h -C shutter
2012236 tty5 Z+ 0:00 [shutter] <defunct>

[1] https://github.com/shutter-project/shutter

Any hints for this problem?

Regards,
HY

Kees Nuyt

Sep 14, 2021, 9:58:52 AM9/14/21
First step:
Start it redirecting to a logfile instead of /dev/null and
observe if any messages are issued to that file.

Apart from that, this is probably not a shell problem, thus off
topic here. Try shutter support.
--
Kees Nuyt