[ANN] KornShell 93u+m/1.0.1

Martijn Dekker

Aug 5, 2022, 4:27:56 PM8/5/22
Announcing: KornShell 93u+m/1.0.1
https://github.com/ksh93/ksh

(For more info, see the 1.0.0 announcement if you missed it)

This is an urgent bugfix release that removes an incorrect exec
optimization that was capable of terminating the execution of scripts
prematurely in certain corner cases. It is known to make the build
scripts of GNU binutils produce corrupted results if ksh is used as
/bin/sh. See https://github.com/ksh93/ksh/issues/507 for more information.

No other breakage resulting from this bug is known yet, but other
breakage probably exists. Every 1.0.0 user should update to 1.0.1 ASAP.

### HOW TO GET IT ###

Please download the source code tarball from our GitHub releases page:
https://github.com/ksh93/ksh/releases
To build, follow the instructions in README.md or src/cmd/ksh93/README.

Or ask your distribution package manager to upgrade ksh93 to this version.

### HOW TO GET INVOLVED ###

To report a bug, please open an issue at our GitHub page (see above).
Alternatively, email me at mar...@inlv.org with your report. To get
involved in development, read the brief policy information in README.md
and then jump right in with a pull request or email a patch. See the
TODO file in the top-level directory for a to-do list.