WHY - fgets fails with -dn bot works with -dy

Alex Gorbachev

Mar 8, 2002, 12:37:44 PM3/8/02
Trying to link with -dn because of dependencies on libpng, zlib and other
nonstandard stuff. If I use the -dn switch, fgets returns NULL or if I
force it, dumps core in _isatty.
If -dy is used everything runs OK. I seem to be using
/udk/usr/ccs/lib/libc.a, the standard UDK cc.

Thanks,
Alex

J. L. Schilling

Mar 8, 2002, 6:05:40 PM3/8/02
"Alex Gorbachev" <al...@iss-integration.com> wrote in message news:<IF6i8.143432$pN4.7...@bin8.nnrp.aus1.giganews.com>...

If you are using the UDK compiler, you *must* link dynamically. That's
because the UDK involves running UnixWare/SVR4 binaries on an OpenServer/
SVR3 system, and this only works because of shim layers that translate
between the two ABIs, and these shim layers only get a chance to act
by the dynamic linker invoking them, and that only happens if the
binary is dynamic.

If you need to statically link, you should use either the OpenServer
Development System compiler or the GNU GCC compiler.

Jonathan Schilling