Morningstar LAN connection

John Kennedy

Feb 9, 2001, 12:37:57 PM2/9/01
I am crossposting to comp.unix.sco because that seems to be where
all the Morningstar PPP discussions are taking place recently...

A site is connected to an ISP via Morningstar PPP and a dedicated
dial-up.
We are looking to change the dialup to a DSL connection and talk through
a Netopia router.

Much time has been invested in logging packets via Morningstar's Filter
mechanism,
and many scripts have been written to process the output of those logs.

The client wants to keep the Morningstar PPP in place for now for those
reasons, and to replace the PPP/serial link with a LAN connection to the
router.

Most of the MST Devices configurations deal with various serial ports,
of course,
and I am aware of the tcp/ppp option to allow tunneling to a distant
host,
who is expected to run a PPP daemon on a particular port; Is there
an option that allows the MST PPP to just route its packets over
ethernet?

Seems it would be do-able; just can't figure what the syntax might look
like.

Thanks,

John Kennedy
jo...@secondsource.com