Help: LOGIN: could not fork user's shell process: Resource temporarily unavailable (error 11)

Gary Betts

Feb 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/2/00
Right after login get message

LOGIN: could not fork user's shell process: Resource temporarily
unavailable (error 11)

Checked that SCO is Licensed correctly.

Checked that date is correct.

Checked not out of hard drive space for root.

Check SCO Technical Articles Search Center and didn't find a previous error
message like this reported.

Tollie Mullins

Feb 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/2/00
After a reboot, or a power reset, does the problem go away??
I have seen this before when all system semaphores were in use by an
application..

Jean-Pierre Radley

Feb 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/2/00
Gary Betts propounded (on Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 01:10:49PM -0500):

| Right after login get message
|
| LOGIN: could not fork user's shell process: Resource temporarily
| unavailable (error 11)
|
| Checked that SCO is Licensed correctly.
|
| Checked that date is correct.
|
| Checked not out of hard drive space for root.
|
| Check SCO Technical Articles Search Center and didn't find a previous error
| message like this reported.

What version and release of which Operating System?
How many licensed users?
How many users are logged in?
Does it happen all the time?
Does this happen for any user?
If only for one user, what is that user's /etc/passwd line?

--
JP

Grp

Feb 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/3/00

Check his/her profile. May be he/she customize some program (shell) while
startup or better you do
#ps -ef|pg
when he login & grep for fork process.

Regards
renga (gre...@hotmail.com)

Jean-Pierre Radley <j...@jpr.com> wrote in message

jrique...@gmail.com

Sep 7, 2015, 12:37:19 PM9/7/15
El miércoles, 2 de febrero de 2000, 9:00:00 (UTC+1), Gary Betts escribió:
> Right after login get message
>
> LOGIN: could not fork user's shell process: Resource temporarily
> unavailable (error 11)
>
> Checked that SCO is Licensed correctly.
>
> Checked that date is correct.
>
> Checked not out of hard drive space for root.
>
> Check SCO Technical Articles Search Center and didn't find a previous error
> message like this reported.

I'm getting the same error, anyone can help me to fix it? I cannot even log in to the SCO openserver release 5.

mbennett

Sep 8, 2015, 12:49:10 PM9/8/15
If you can login on the console as root, try running the fixmog utility.

Just type and enter 'fixmog'. It should run silently, or say what it's fixing. Report back with any more errors.

But you should also respond with more details to J-P's earlier request.