SCO and Virtual Disk Manager

Slate

Oct 16, 2001, 3:32:49 PM10/16/01
I've read the manual on virtual disk manager but can't seem to find what I'm
looking for. I would like to know if it's possible to mirror two SCSI hard
drives (18 GB each and on the same controller) on a SCO 5.05a OpenServer
using virtual disk manager. The first disk (0s1) has the /, /stand and /u
filesystems on it, the second disk (1s1) is empty. I know that it's possible
to mirror the root, boot and swap, but then I don't have the option to do /u
(where the database will reside).

Is this something that is possible?

les...@No.Spamming.Me.techform.ca

Slate

Oct 17, 2001, 1:44:56 PM10/17/01
Never mind

frank.zi...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2015, 6:07:52 AM12/9/15
Hi Slate,
I'm having the same problem. Did you solve your's?

mbennett

Dec 9, 2015, 12:08:28 PM12/9/15
Go to the Xinuos.com and find the support knowledgebase. Search for TA #105185. There are several tutorials on this site about Virtual Disk Manager that walk you through scenarios. I sold this mess a couple of times and configured it, but soon decided it's MUCH easier and more efficient to use a hardware RAID controller. Just my opinion.