Bang!

snogfest hosebeast

Apr 22, 2004, 11:50:40 PM4/22/04
I have a customer with an ancient Alphaserver 1000A 4/266
They've been wanting to replace it for some time, now, the brown
smelly stuff has hit the air movement device.
We have a failing disk, HP has found a replacement and that's in the
SCSI disk array and I've labelled it.
The problem has come with the fact that there is no mirroring.
I'm an AIX geek, rather than OSF/TRU64 but it seems the mirroring and
disk cloning is a separate product, and being 4.0d there's not much
chance of getting hold of it either.
So, what options do I have?
Ancient unsupported hardware, OS, database and application, but it's a
business-critical system.
We appear to have an ancient spare server of the same type which may
be of some help to me.

Thanks
Henry