JRE 141 problem on Tru64 V5.1A Host

Bharath

Sep 23, 2003, 7:00:27 AM9/23/03

System is : Tru64 V5.1A,multi-cpu,4GB Physical
Memory,Processor(DEC6600/EV6)

On the host i installed JRE141 package and
I am trying to start a Java Application which fails with an exception
"Out of Memory
util_malloc: out of memory, file
/vobs/JavaGroup/Products/Java/J2SDK/fastvm/srcjava/runtime/port.c line
51

and some other related exceptions are
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:112)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:72)

I am able to start the java application when i increase the max heap
size of
the process by giving java -Xmx10m , but the same application will
not start if the initial heap size of process is 10 mb ( java -Xms10m
)
The fastjvm that is used ( libjvm.so )is 64bit so that the address
range for java process can be more than 3GB.

But to add to the confusion, if the i link 32 bit libjvm.so to the
java application,it starts fine and i dont need to specify any initial
or max heap size in the command line.

On my other Tru64 unix V5.1A hosts with almost similar configuration
(same patch levels,memory size etc) i didnt face any problem to start
my java application.
I checked the "proc" subsystem parameters and it was fine.

Please bring in more comments as to what might have gone wrong on the
host ?

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,
Bharath