problem with semaphores during dump

1 view

!!Tonnere de Brest

Jul 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/13/00
5[gct@cory /home/m/staff/gct]$ pset_info

number of processor sets on system = 1

pset_id # cpus # pids # threads load_av created
0 1 117 141 0.02 06/19/2000 11:23:50

total number of processors on system = 1

cpu # running boot_cpu pset_id assigned_to_pset
0 1 1 0 06/19/2000 11:23:50

18 Rot@cory /#uname -a
OSF1 cory.EECS.Berkeley.EDU V4.0 878 alpha

I think it happens for all filesystems. If we reboot ,
the problem will probably go away for a day or 2.
To repeat the problem, type:

# dump 6udfs 76586 - 61000 /dev/rz8a > /dev/null
dump: Cannot get semaphores
get_semaphore(): semget() for fifo_free_semid: No space left on device
dump: SIGTERM received
dump: The ENTIRE dump is aborted

I am wondering if anybody had this problem and how they fixed it.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Thanks, Ghaouar Camij Toschian,
gch...@2xtreme.net, g...@domainmart.net, 510 5408013, 2500 Durant # 310, Bk, CA
94704
http://www.domainmart.net/InternetAccess/buildings.htm
http://www.istanbulexpress.com/oldsite/sweetener.html

Visualize that the smoke of cigarettes is unpleasant to other people.
Visualize that peoples' civic duties do NOT include having to breathe the
smoke from cigarettes.
Visualize that astrologers, fortune tellers, tarot card readers, psychics and
palm readers are Crooks, Fools or Both.
Visualize using the Metric System.

/usr/loco

Jul 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/13/00
!!Tonnere de Brest wrote:

> 5[gct@cory /home/m/staff/gct]$ pset_info
>
> number of processor sets on system = 1
>
> pset_id # cpus # pids # threads load_av created
> 0 1 117 141 0.02 06/19/2000 11:23:50
>
> total number of processors on system = 1
>
> cpu # running boot_cpu pset_id assigned_to_pset
> 0 1 1 0 06/19/2000 11:23:50
>
> 18 Rot@cory /#uname -a
> OSF1 cory.EECS.Berkeley.EDU V4.0 878 alpha
>
> I think it happens for all filesystems. If we reboot ,
> the problem will probably go away for a day or 2.
> To repeat the problem, type:
>
> # dump 6udfs 76586 - 61000 /dev/rz8a > /dev/null
> dump: Cannot get semaphores
> get_semaphore(): semget() for fifo_free_semid: No space left on device
> dump: SIGTERM received
> dump: The ENTIRE dump is aborted
>
> I am wondering if anybody had this problem and how they fixed it.
> Any help would be appreciated.

.

What does /sbin/sysconfig -q ipc report??