add user

1 view

YD

Feb 21, 2001, 1:30:02 PM2/21/01
Hi

I add a new user (eg ~myid)to the dec UNIX (osf). The home directory is
not set at the default location (eg /usr/users). After this, I have
following problems:
1. change sh to tcsh, but did not work, eg I can't use arrow to go to
last command
2. I defined the prompt and set a few environmental variables in the
.login file, but after login, the variables were not asigned and prompt
did not change to my setup. Basically, the .login file was not
activated. So I have to souce .login to activate the prompt and set the
environmental variables.
3. after login, it showed a error message that:
/var/mon/AWmyid.inf : Permission denied # (the user name is myid).

Your advice is highly appareciated.

Yuandan

Claudio Rocha

Feb 21, 2001, 2:25:42 PM2/21/01
Try to set up your .cshrc (C-Shell) or .profile (korn Shell/ Shell) under
the home directory.

"YD" <ydz...@iastate.edu> wrote in message