UNIX license management

YD

Mar 21, 2001, 10:42:44 AM3/21/01
When I registered to a DEC UNIX alpha machine, I incidently hitted
register twince. As a result, there are two entries for this product
were contained in the License Database file, for example, there are
two entries for FORTRAN,
Product Status Users: Total
Active

FORTRAN-O active unlimited
FORTRAN-O active, multiple unlimited

I tried to delete it,
by lmf delete FORTRAN-O, it gives me following error:
Information provided was ambiguous; multiple licenses were found

simply this product can not be removed, can someone offer help,

YD

Paul David Fardy

Mar 21, 2001, 3:45:24 PM3/21/01

I expect you have two Product Authorization Keys (PAKs): one expiring
some time after the other, though neither has expired yet.

>I tried to delete it,
> by lmf delete FORTRAN-O, it gives me following error:
>Information provided was ambiguous; multiple licenses were found

As you'll see from "man lmf", each PAK has three identifying parts:
product, producer, and authorization number. Run the following
command.

# lmf list full for fortran-o
Product Name: FORTRAN-O
Producer: DEC
Issuer: DEC
Authorization Number: CAMPUSWIDE-4000
Key Termination Date: 30-MAR-2001
[[ more info, but I don't believe it's relevant ]]

This will provide you with produce and authorization number for each
PAK. Look at the Key Termination Dates. That should identify the PAK
you want to remove.

lmf delete fortran-o dec campuswide-4000

Paul Fardy
--
Paul David Fardy | Computing and Communications
Systems Administrator | Memorial University of Newfoundland