Machten

Tenzin

Nov 19, 2006, 3:09:00 AM11/19/06
Are there any MachTen users left reading this group ? If so, Hi :)

And, is there any way to delete the spam that's accumulating here ?

Tenzin

nexus6gs

Nov 20, 2006, 12:40:57 PM11/20/06
Hi Tenzin,
I still have a couple older mac's that run machten. 68k & ppc

I don't have any spam here on this group !?

nexus6gs

Tenzin <tte...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
2ySGg3-

Tenzin

Nov 29, 2006, 12:45:01 PM11/29/06
nexus6gs wrote:
> Hi Tenzin,
> I still have a couple older mac's that run machten. 68k & ppc

MachTen 4.14 and Codebuilder 1.2 on Mac OS 8 on PPC 5500/275 here.

> I don't have any spam here on this group !?

I use Google groups, there is no filtering and I see a lot of spam of
this group, this is why I asked.

Tenzin

nexus6gs

Nov 29, 2006, 11:08:36 PM11/29/06
How is 4.14 ? Mine is a few version back on that. just sold the laptops
that had machten, two duo 2300c.Still have my PB100 with 68k MachTen on
it but really dont use that much, if at all. So now i need to reinstall
on a pm6100/66 Dos Compatible, gonna try and get the pc card to talk to
machten.

nexus6gs

Tenzin

Nov 30, 2006, 2:27:03 PM11/30/06
4.14 seems good. I haven't put any real effort into building GNUstep on
it, Tenon's own documentation warns there might be problems, but the
GNUstep they provide in 4.14 is from 1999 .... current GNUstep as I use
in SuSE for the last few years is a lot better.

If you've read back through this group you'll see more than a few
people became disillusioned with MachTen, bugs and Tenon's tehnical
support. I can't say I've hit any bugs yet. Everything that the MachTen
applications page lists on Tenon's website that others said is missing
and not on the install CD, I found under a folder called RedHat as
RPM's.

Oneday it's my intention to upgrade parts of MachTen to RPM 4, GCC 2.95
etc to get some more recent things built on it, such as WMaker 0.8 or
0.9, GNUstep etc and maybe some of the 3d tools I use.

I have Codebuilder installed as well for compatibility with
Rhapsody/OSX Server 1.

Dos card is something I've been trying to get for a few years, they can
be upgraded a fair way beyond what Apple say is possible, and they do
work in MacOS 8.6.

Are you the Nexus I know from BeOS/Tycomsystems beshare ?