Cross-compilation PPC/M68k

Owen

Oct 29, 2003, 5:39:46 AM10/29/03

"delgoeth" <delg...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:3E8BFF0...@earthlink.net...
--snip--
> Finally, I don't know if it's even possible to buy Pro MachTen now.
> Power MachTen was discontinued prior to the end of last year. Since
> it was the successor to Pro MachTen, it follows that Pro must have
> been discontinued prior to the arrival of Power.
>
> Erik

It can be found on a couple of hotline servers if you look hard enough. I
don't usually advocate stealing non micro$hit products, but I believe 68k
MachTen should qualify as abandonware.

If all you want is to run Unix on a 68k mac, I'd suggest A/UX myself, if
your machines are supported. It hasn't been sold by Apple since the mid
90's, but it too can be downloaded from several places. True AT&T Unix,
with a classic Mac interface if you choose...the best of all worlds, in my
opinion.