MachTen X problem

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Sep 14, 2004, 7:50:16 PM9/14/04
Is this place dead or alive?

I have just installed Power MachTen on an OS9 G4 mac.

When I try logging into one of our servers using the X -query server
command I get a login window as expected, but the keyboard and mouse
doesn't work. The only way to "get out" is to kill MachTen.

What am I doing wrong?

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Angela Kahealani

Sep 15, 2004, 2:33:31 PM9/15/04
At Tuesday 2004-09-14 13:50 "Mikkel C. Simonsen" <m...@post5.tele.dk>
posted <414783...@post5.tele.dk> to comp.unix.machten:

> Is this place dead or alive?

Not much to discuss about a dead product.

> I have just installed Power MachTen on an OS9 G4 mac.

Try Yellow Dog Linux http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/
It's free, and it runs MacOnLinux to let you run OS 9
on top of Linux, which rocks, versus running
Power MachTen on top of MacOS9, which slacks.

> When I try logging into one of our servers using the X -query server
> command I get a login window as expected, but the keyboard and mouse
> doesn't work. The only way to "get out" is to kill MachTen.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Running the wrong product. Check the Tenon Intersystems website for
support. If you find any, post back here what you found.
http://www.tenon.com/support/

--
Copyright 2004 Angela Kahealani. All rights reserved without prejudice;
UCC1-207. All information and transactions are non negotiable and are