Cray CX1 Hardware

Derek Simmons

Jan 15, 2017, 1:24:48 PM1/15/17

Except for the case and the front LCD control panel, was the CX1 made from off the shelf parts?

In an eBay auction I noticed that the CN5500 node board was just a SuperMicro X8DTT motherboard. Can anyone tell me what motherboard they used for CN5400?

Where the Gigabit Ethernet and InfiniBand Switch off the shelf?

Also where the power supplies also off the shelf?

And, how about the front panel?

Because the conclusion I've come to, isn't so much as the hardware makes it special but their tools bundled with Windows HPC Server or Red Hat HPC. Or am I missing something?

Derek