Help: how to remove a project from CVS?

u5186...@spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net

Jun 28, 2001, 5:17:36 PM6/28/01
I am posting my message here hope some good SA are also good CVS maintainer.
By mistake, I imported a huge directory with a lot of subs to our CVS
system, which takes a lot of space. Could somebody tell me how I can
completely remove a project? My manual only tell me how to remove a
file, can I just log onto the server and delete the directory with -rf?

Thanks for your help

--
Sent by dbadba62 from hotmail within field com

Jonathan Abbey

Jun 29, 2001, 1:01:04 AM6/29/01
In article <l.993763057.1360656738@[198.138.198.252]>,

<u5186...@spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net> wrote:

| I am posting my message here hope some good SA are also good CVS maintainer.
| By mistake, I imported a huge directory with a lot of subs to our CVS
| system, which takes a lot of space. Could somebody tell me how I can
| completely remove a project? My manual only tell me how to remove a
| file, can I just log onto the server and delete the directory with -rf?
|
| Thanks for your help

I believe you can just rm -rf the directory under your cvsroot.

Coriolis Press has an excellent book on CVS which I would recommend,
called 'Open Source Development With CVS'.

- jon

Jonathan Abbey jona...@arlut.utexas.edu
Applied Research Laboratories The University of Texas at Austin
Ganymede, a GPL'ed metadirectory for UNIX http://www.arlut.utexas.edu/gash2