Create virtual swap on IRIX 4.0.5F

Marco

May 30, 2001, 4:58:32 AM5/30/01
I all,
Someone know how can I (if possible ) create virtual swap on an
ControlData Cyber 910 machine running IRIX 4.0.5F ? This machine has 80
MB fisical swap (partition 1) but there are an application that need
much more memory. I made the same proccess like under IRIX 5.3 (and
above) :
mkfile /swapfile
in /etc/fstab, I put the entry /swapfile swap swap ......

but when reboot the system, no changes ! swap -l just print the fysical
swap.

Any ideas will be very very apreciated !! Please replay to this
newsgroup and to my mail amar...@cadtech.es.
Tanks for any help.

Marco