REporting a core crash

The Doctor

Dec 27, 2023, 11:44:34 AM12/27/23
What is the procedure?
--
Member - Liberal International This is doc...@nk.ca Ici doc...@nk.ca

Andreas Kempe

Dec 28, 2023, 11:19:36 AM12/28/23
Den 2023-12-27 skrev The Doctor <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca>:
> What is the procedure?

You have the official problem reporting documentation at
https://docs.freebsd.org/en/articles/problem-reports/ for creating a
problem report on https://bugs.freebsd.org/.

Personally, I have often tried an appropriate mailing list or mailing
a port maintainer directly before opening a problem report. Sometimes
things have been worked out on the mailing lists and sometimes I've
been asked to create a PR (problem report, not to be confused with
pull request).

The Doctor

Dec 28, 2023, 5:44:50 PM12/28/23
In article <umk76l$44l$3...@nyheter.lysator.liu.se>,
Happened twice on the same server.

Manually had to run fsck -y /dev/<running partition>

Andreas Kempe

Dec 28, 2023, 6:07:38 PM12/28/23
Den 2023-12-28 skrev The Doctor <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca>:
> In article <umk76l$44l$3...@nyheter.lysator.liu.se>,
> Andreas Kempe <ke...@lysator.liu.se> wrote:
>>Den 2023-12-27 skrev The Doctor <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca>:
>>> What is the procedure?
>>
>>You have the official problem reporting documentation at
>>https://docs.freebsd.org/en/articles/problem-reports/ for creating a
>>problem report on https://bugs.freebsd.org/.
>>
>>Personally, I have often tried an appropriate mailing list or mailing
>>a port maintainer directly before opening a problem report. Sometimes
>>things have been worked out on the mailing lists and sometimes I've
>>been asked to create a PR (problem report, not to be confused with
>>pull request).
>
> Happened twice on the same server.
>
> Manually had to run fsck -y /dev/<running partition>

Some drivers can be pretty hit-or-miss. I manage a few servers using
older Mellanox Infiniband hardware and the mlx4 driver has had and
does have a few issues, to put it mildly, while other things are
rock-solid.

The Doctor

Dec 28, 2023, 8:00:43 PM12/28/23
In article <umkv3n$bsj$2...@nyheter.lysator.liu.se>,