Newsgroup dead ? Any expirience with A/UX 1.x ?

Peter Dassow

Nov 16, 2014, 3:52:06 AM11/16/14
Btw. is this newsgroup dead (no entries since January 2014) ?
I looked for web sites and/or users which/who has infos about using A/UX
1.x ... unfortunately http://www.aux-penelope.com/ is already gone :-(

User Bp

Nov 16, 2014, 8:47:19 PM11/16/14
Well, it still exists, so it's not dead yet 8-)

However, most of the inhabitants have "passed on" in
some sense of the word.

I used A/UX until the last computer I had that supported it
quit working some 7 or 8 years ago. Now Mac OS X does most
of my desktop stuff, and FreeBSD takes server roles.

There aren't many practical reasons for using A/UX at this
point, but if you have questions I'd be glad to try answering
them.

bob prohaska

baronv...@gmx.com

Jan 31, 2015, 7:21:26 PM1/31/15
Not completely. It's fully archived on the wayback machine, and a few people have mirrors available.

Goetz Hoffart

Feb 1, 2015, 4:45:20 AM2/1/15
User Bp <b...@www.zefox.net> wrote:

> There aren't many practical reasons for using A/UX at this point

But many others - it's cool! :)

BTW: <https://github.com/pruten/Shoebill/releases> is a A/UX emulator
(!). Currently it boots 3.0.x. and 3.1.0.

Encourage its author for further work on it!

Regards
Götz
--
http://www.knubbelmac.de/

Egan Ford

Feb 2, 2015, 9:14:10 PM2/2/15
On 2/1/15 2:46 AM, Goetz Hoffart wrote:
> BTW:<https://github.com/pruten/Shoebill/releases> is a A/UX emulator
> (!). Currently it boots 3.0.x. and 3.1.0.

Excellent. I've been lurking here just to read this news. Thanks!