A2410 ULowell Card

Jerry Heyman

Nov 28, 2006, 8:36:28 PM11/28/06
I have one of the above beasties, and I'm pretty sure there was an X server
for it, supported under AMIX.

I was wondering if anyone knew for sure - and whether the source to said
server was available anywhere - I'd like to add that support for Debian
Linux.

jerry
--
// Jerry Heyman | "Software is the difference between
// Amiga Forever :-) | hardware and reality"

Rainer Buchty

Nov 29, 2006, 4:37:22 AM11/29/06
In article <1929973.S...@unix.hobbeshollow.com>,

Jerry Heyman <je...@hobbeshollow.com> writes:
|> I have one of the above beasties, and I'm pretty sure there was an X server
|> for it, supported under AMIX.

The X Server under AMIX supported the A2410, that's why I got one for
rather cheap money when Commodore folded. IIRC it was pretty much the only
card which ever was supported by AMIX apart from the standard OCS/ECS/A2024
modes.

|> I was wondering if anyone knew for sure - and whether the source to said
|> server was available anywhere - I'd like to add that support for Debian
|> Linux.

Tried contacting people at U. Lowell whether they still have data? Here we
keep even master's thesis for decades so I'm rather sure they do the same
and that "somewhere someone" still has the data.

Rainer

Christian Hoppe

Nov 29, 2006, 12:43:18 PM11/29/06
Rainer Buchty schrieb:

> In article <1929973.S...@unix.hobbeshollow.com>,
> Jerry Heyman <je...@hobbeshollow.com> writes:
> |> I have one of the above beasties, and I'm pretty sure there was an X server
> |> for it, supported under AMIX.
>
> The X Server under AMIX supported the A2410, that's why I got one for
> rather cheap money when Commodore folded. IIRC it was pretty much the only
> card which ever was supported by AMIX apart from the standard OCS/ECS/A2024
> modes.

But there are drivers for other cards (Picasso II, etc.). IMHO they are
in the Gateway Vol. 2 CD, but I do not know whether there is the source
also. IF Jerry is interested in the source for other cards too, just
drop me a note and I will dig for the CD.

[...]

--
Ciao

Christian

Jerry Heyman

Nov 29, 2006, 3:02:09 PM11/29/06
on Wednesday 29 November 2006 12:43 pm, christia...@gmx.de (Christian
Hoppe) wrote:

Unfortunately (or fortunately), Debian supports most of the additional
cards for X - just not native chipset or A2410. I appreciate the offer
on the Gateway Vol 2 CD, but I already have that ...

I've made contact with the folks at ULowell, they're seeing if any of
the information still exists anywhere. They've had quite a bit of
turnover since early 1990s (as one can expect).