Building Xemacs on AIX: missing sys/hft.h

Mats Weber

Sep 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/4/97

I tried building Xemacs (both 19.15 and 20.2) on AIX 4.1.5 and it stops on
systty.h saying it can't find sys/hft.h. Does anyone know what install item I
should use to get hft.h installed ?

Or better, what can I install in order to get the full set of include files
installed ?

David L. Crow

Sep 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/4/97

Mats Weber <Mats....@elca-matrix.ch> writes:
>I tried building Xemacs (both 19.15 and 20.2) on AIX 4.1.5 and it stops on
>systty.h saying it can't find sys/hft.h. Does anyone know what install item I
>should use to get hft.h installed ?

You will never find an hft.h in AIX 4.x. The HFT device was removed
in the 4.x releases of AIX. Anything in Xemacs that depends on the
HFT will not work even if you could get it to build. You should
investigate the Xemacs distribution to find out if there is some way
to tell it that you are on AIX 4.
--
------------ Texas! It's like a whole other country. ------------
David L. Crow http://www.cactus.org/~crow (internet)

Mats Weber

Sep 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/5/97

> I tried building Xemacs (both 19.15 and 20.2) on AIX 4.1.5 and it
> stops on systty.h saying it can't find sys/hft.h.

Just solved the problem: /etc/MACHINES just lists rs6000-ibm-aix, but
configure also takes the version number into account, I used:

./configure rs6000-ibm-aix4.1.5

and everything worked fine.