ODM & default routes

Chris Thomas

Oct 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/11/96

I notice the following error in /tmp/rc.net.out on some of my systems:

inet0
rho.ben2.ucla.edu
0821-279 writing to routing socket: Do not specify an existing file.
164.67.131.1 net 0: gateway 164.67.131.1: Do not specify an existing file.
0821-285 ioctl returns 17
0821-190 cfginet: The sysconfig (SYS_SINGLELOAD) system call failed.

I assume what's going on here is that I somehow have more than one default
route defined in the ODM. This seems to happen after I refedine a network
interface. What cmds can I use to see what's in the ODM, and what do I
need to do to clean it up. TIA.

--
Chris Thomas
Manager, Systems Programming

Chris Thomas

Oct 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/11/96

In article <CThomas-1110...@csthome.oac.ucla.edu>,
CTh...@ucla.edu (Chris Thomas) wrote:

> I notice the following error in /tmp/rc.net.out on some of my systems:

> . . .

> I assume what's going on here is that I somehow have more than one default
> route defined in the ODM. This seems to happen after I refedine a network
> interface. What cmds can I use to see what's in the ODM, and what do I
> need to do to clean it up. TIA.

Actually, the problem is that I have multiple definet stanzas in
/etc/objrepos/Config_Rules, so definet is being run twice (or more). This
is apparently related to IX54755, although I believe there are other paths
to getting mulitple duplicate stanzas.

In any case, the apar may keep the problem from reoccuring, but I
apparently need to do an odmget/odmdelete to clean up the duplicates.
Could someone give me a pointer to the correct procedure - in particular,
odmdelete looks like it will delete all the stanzas, not just the first.
Tnx.

Ed Ravin

Oct 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/14/96

From somewhere in cyberspace, CTh...@ucla.edu (Chris Thomas) said:

>Actually, the problem is that I have multiple definet stanzas in
>/etc/objrepos/Config_Rules, so definet is being run twice (or more). This
>is apparently related to IX54755, although I believe there are other paths
>to getting mulitple duplicate stanzas.
>
>In any case, the apar may keep the problem from reoccuring, but I
>apparently need to do an odmget/odmdelete to clean up the duplicates.
>Could someone give me a pointer to the correct procedure - in particular,
>odmdelete looks like it will delete all the stanzas, not just the first.

Have you tried "smit route", "flush routing table", and then selecting
"both now and in ODM database"? That should delete every route in
the routing table and the ODM database, including the duplicate. Then
you can add the routes that you want, namely a single entry of your
default route, back by hand.

Failing that, I would do the odmget/odmdelete thing and wipe out all
the routes, then add them back with "smit route". I'm assuming you
know about the dangers of editing ODM files directly and how to keep
backups of the ODM databases in case you muck them up.
--
Ed Ravin |If I were not a little mad and generally silly
era...@panix.com|I should give you my advice upon the subject, willy-nilly;
|I should show you in a moment how to grapple with the question
+1 212 678 5545 |And you'd really be astonished at the force of my suggestion.

LAIX Software Consulting

Oct 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/14/96
to Chris Thomas

odmget and odmdelete actually let you specify in great detail what it is
you want to get/delete... Routes are attributes of the "device" inet0 so
you could do:

odmget -q "name = inet0" CuAt

you can use wildcards with the "like" modifier, and "and" in your odmget/odmdelete...

odmdelete -q "name = inet0 and attribute like whatever*" -o CuAt

Hope this helps narrow down what it is you are wanting to remove from ODM.

Regards,
Paul L.