wget equivelent in AIX?

catbit

Mar 12, 2009, 5:32:13 AM3/12/09
I want to download some files from the web (http), and I found out
that AIX does not come with wget or curl without installing the Linux
packages.

Any commands that do the equivelent of wget/curl?

Thanks!

Uli Link

Mar 12, 2009, 5:52:22 AM3/12/09
catbit schrieb:

Why not using the RPMS from aixtoolbox ???

--
Uli

Michael Kraemer

Mar 12, 2009, 6:36:33 AM3/12/09
catbit schrieb:

http://computer-refuge.org/classiccmp/aixpdslib/pub/wget/RISC/

installs into ./usr/local

Lőrinczy Zsigmond

Mar 13, 2009, 1:14:14 AM3/13/09
catbit írta:

> I want to download some files from the web (http), and I found out
> that AIX does not come with wget or curl without installing the Linux
> packages.

You can compile wget from source, that worked for me.

satn...@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2012, 8:27:39 AM10/4/12
try for example:
perl -e 'use LWP::Simple; getprint($ARGV[0]);' http://myserver.co.uk:8121/xxxx/xxx.html

khers...@gmail.com

Oct 29, 2012, 8:45:30 PM10/29/12
I found recently useful to recall FTP protocol to get a file ;)
Message has been deleted

Michael Baeuerle

Jan 7, 2014, 3:42:20 AM1/7/14
Why not use wget? It runs on AIX too.

Micha

veda...@gmail.com

May 5, 2017, 12:05:09 PM5/5/17
On Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 3:42:20 AM UTC-5, Michael Baeuerle wrote:
> Why not use wget? It runs on AIX too.
>

> Micha

AIX does not have wget installed by default.

Michael Bäuerle

May 5, 2017, 12:30:27 PM5/5/17
veda...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 3:42:20 AM UTC-5, Michael Baeuerle wrote:
It's a long time since I wrote that.

> > Why not use wget? It runs on AIX too.
>
> AIX does not have wget installed by default.

Yes, but it runs on AIX too (I have claimed nothing more).