SSL Symbols not exported from dependent module /lib/libssl.so

Nabin Bhusal

Mar 13, 2023, 4:05:50 PM3/13/23
home/finadmin>bauu9093
Could not load program bauu9093:
Symbol resolution failed for /backend/NABFIN/Finacle/FC/app/prodbase/exe/libhire dis_ssl.so because: Symbol TLS_client_method (number 8) is not exported from dependent module /lib/libssl.so.
Symbol OPENSSL_init_ssl (number 12) is not exported from dependent module /lib/libssl.so.
Symbol SSL_CTX_set_options (number 21) is not exported from dependent module /lib/libssl.so.

Examine .loader section sythbols with the 'dump -Tv' command. /home/finadmin

the SSL version is updated to 1.1.1 How can this problem be resolved? Please anybody can provide remedies and science behind this.

rootvgNet

Mar 27, 2023, 1:05:12 PM3/27/23
Likely, your program was linked to an older version of SSL, not 1.1.1, and the libraries are not compatible.

Open a support ticket with IBM and/or see if your program can be linked (/bin/ld) again.

rootvgNet

Mar 27, 2023, 1:06:43 PM3/27/23
On Monday, March 13, 2023 at 9:05:50 PM UTC+1, Nabin Bhusal wrote:
Also, iirc, /lib/libssl.so is not an IBM library, but likely, from AIXToolbox or another third party. Probably, the easiest solution is to re-link (re-compile) your program.

Nabin Bhusal

Mar 28, 2023, 12:59:37 AM3/28/23
how can we see the linked file? Can you tell me the procedure for reliniking the ssl version (or recompiling)? The application team suggest the 32-bit version of ssl to be the problem, so we get to link the 64-bit binary openssl64. Can you also provide idea to look at the bit version my current openssl is using in aix? 'openssl version -a' platform line of this output has no significant mention of the bit version. will this be solved by exporting the '/bin/openssl64' in path line of '/etc/environment'?
please share your experience and expertise.