Maintenance Level on AIX and instfix -i

Laurent CROUX

Jun 5, 2001, 7:25:26 AM6/5/01
Hi, (Im french user)

I update a H80 AIX 4.3.3 with Maintenance Level 8
After update,
instfix -i shows
not all filesets for 43308_07_AIX_ML and
not all filesets for 43308_08_AIX_ML

Why ?
How can I find which filesets to update ?

Thanks,
Laurent

Andre Hoeffgen

Jun 5, 2001, 7:42:22 AM6/5/01
Laurent CROUX wrote:

> Hi, (Im french user)

try

instfix -ciqk 4330-07_AIX_ML | grep ":-:"
instfix -ciqk 4330-08_AIX_ML | grep ":-:"

Paul Landay

Jun 5, 2001, 8:20:28 AM6/5/01
to Laurent CROUX
With the 4.3.3.50 level of bos.rte.install there is a new flag
on the 'oslevel' command which will show Maintenance Level info:
oslevel -r -q
oslevel -r
oslevel -r -l 4330-07
oslevel -r -l 4330-08

Paul Landay

Dan Jennings

Jun 5, 2001, 11:36:26 PM6/5/01
According to IBM SW supportline, there is a known issue with ML-07,
such that if you have Java filesets installed the ML-07 upgrade will bring
them to the correct level, but fail to correctly update the install data,
resulting
in the "not all filesets" message. If the Java filesets are the only ones
found
by the instfix command noted below, IBM instructed me to "ignore the
messages" and trust that the install was successful. Pretty lame, if you
ask me, but it does not seem to effect system stability or functionality.

HTH,

Dan

Andre Hoeffgen <a.hoe...@frost.de> wrote in message