Young Technoweenies, unite!

Mark R. Lindsey

Nov 9, 1993, 1:52:59 PM11/9/93
From: "Mark R. Lindsey" <mlin...@nyx.cs.du.edu>
Subject: All technoweenies: UNITE!

Do you log in before breakfast? Can you use `struct' in a sentence? Code in
more than one assembly tongue? Parse Czech with a shell script? Do you
talk about computers on dates? Wake up in the middle of the night with
algorithms? Quote your UUCP configuration? Patch binary code while it's
running? Host IRC parties? Wish you had somewhere to talk about it? You
should join the

Confederation of Future Computer Professionals

The CFCP is a collection of users -- mostly young -- who love computers and
plan to be the leaders in the fields of computers in the future. We welcome
discussions on our mailing list about _any_ computer-related topic, and are
working toward establishing ourselves as a viable information source.

Why does the CFCP work? Because it's made up of people sincerely interested
in what they're doing, and these people have varied fields of expertise.

You can join and unjoin the CFCP at any time, and by being a member you can
recieve 10+% discount on O'Reilly & Associates books, tapes and software -
with only one item per order!

To join, send the following line to majordomo%scr...@tcd.ie:

subscribe cfcp-members

For more information, drop a note to me, Mark Lindsey, at
mlin...@nyx.cs.du.edu.

Thanks!

Mark R. Lindsey mlin...@nyx.cs.du.edu
"Mr. Potatohead, Mr. Potatohead:
Back doors are not secrets!"

Guy Cole

Nov 9, 1993, 7:59:44 PM11/9/93
Mark R. Lindsey (mlin...@nyx10.cs.du.edu) wrote:
: From: "Mark R. Lindsey" <mlin...@nyx.cs.du.edu>

: Do you log in before breakfast? Can you use `struct' in a sentence? Code in
: more than one assembly tongue? Parse Czech with a shell script? Do you
: talk about computers on dates? Wake up in the middle of the night with
: algorithms? Quote your UUCP configuration? Patch binary code while it's
: running? Host IRC parties? Wish you had somewhere to talk about it? You
: should join the

: Confederation of Future Computer Professionals

//Flush!//
Hey, Mark. We all understand your boundless enthusiasm at being a
premier juvinile computer geek. Hell, when I qualified as 'young', I fit
the profile myself (even though we didn't have computers widely available).

So, this public followup is not about demonstration of geek pride.
It is about posting to comp.wizards - this posting is not wizardly.
Normally, I don't get involved in net.police, but your strident calls
to congress appear on more or less a regular basis.

May I suggest merely distributing it into one or more of the fine *.answer
groups? I'm sure your distinguished clientele is sophisticated enough
to look there for these types of announcements.

Thank you, and happy bonding w/your peers.
Guy Cole (KQ6J) * "Expert Plain And Fancy Bit Twiddling" * guy...@netcom.com
Check Six! * P.O. Box 2269, Ramona, CA. 92065 * (619) 789-8106

Dan Pop

Nov 10, 1993, 8:28:40 AM11/10/93

>Mark R. Lindsey (mlin...@nyx10.cs.du.edu) wrote:
>: From: "Mark R. Lindsey" <mlin...@nyx.cs.du.edu>
>: Subject: All technoweenies: UNITE!
>
>: Do you log in before breakfast? Can you use `struct' in a sentence? Code in
>: more than one assembly tongue? Parse Czech with a shell script? Do you
>: talk about computers on dates? Wake up in the middle of the night with
>: algorithms? Quote your UUCP configuration? Patch binary code while it's
>: running? Host IRC parties? Wish you had somewhere to talk about it? You
>: should join the
>
>: Confederation of Future Computer Professionals
>

>May I suggest merely distributing it into one or more of the fine *.answer
>groups? I'm sure your distinguished clientele is sophisticated enough
>to look there for these types of announcements.

I'm not so sure about his clientele, since he's looking for it in
alt.kids-talk, misc.kids, misc.kids.computer, which are the only groups
where his article belongs and where it should have been posted.

Dan
--
Dan Pop
CERN, L3 Experiment

That Whispering Wolf...

Nov 11, 1993, 12:01:22 PM11/11/93
In article <1993Nov10.1...@dxcern.cern.ch>, dan...@cernapo.cern.ch (Dan Pop) writes:
|> In <guycoleC...@netcom.com> guy...@netcom.com (Guy Cole) writes:
|>
|> >Mark R. Lindsey (mlin...@nyx10.cs.du.edu) wrote:
|> >: From: "Mark R. Lindsey" <mlin...@nyx.cs.du.edu>
|> >: Subject: All technoweenies: UNITE!
|> >
|> >: Do you log in before breakfast? Can you use `struct' in a sentence? Code in
|> >: more than one assembly tongue? Parse Czech with a shell script? Do you
|> >: talk about computers on dates? Wake up in the middle of the night with
|> >: algorithms? Quote your UUCP configuration? Patch binary code while it's
|> >: running? Host IRC parties? Wish you had somewhere to talk about it? You
|> >: should join the
|> >
|> >: Confederation of Future Computer Professionals
|> >
|> >May I suggest merely distributing it into one or more of the fine *.answer
|> >groups? I'm sure your distinguished clientele is sophisticated enough
|> >to look there for these types of announcements.
|> >
|> I'm not so sure about his clientele, since he's looking for it in
|> alt.kids-talk, misc.kids, misc.kids.computer, which are the only groups
|> where his article belongs and where it should have been posted.

kids-talk, kids, and kids.computer, eh? Question for you... Where exactly
does it say that a young person cannot also be a unix wizard, or an
admin, etc, etc?

Or want to be, for that matter? Not EVERYONE that reads comp.unix.wizards
IS a wizard, not everyone that reads comp.unix.admin IS an admin... But they
obviously have the interest, or they wouldn't be reading the group. The young
people that CFCP is targeted at surely read these groups, so therefore, these
groups are the proper place to post to, eh?

Just my $.02.

Jay Grizzard, The Whispering Wolf . . . Systems Administrator
"What happens when the rules aren't fair?" Vnet Internet Access, Inc.
Forever the beloved of Ms. Sarah H. Ekstrom (704) 374-0779

jhs7...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2016, 9:34:44 AM12/28/16

jhs7...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2016, 9:34:44 AM12/28/16