Update on math.

DV

Nov 15, 2021, 1:12:47 PM11/15/21

I will very likely never publish my BQP = P proof after all.

I am likely to publish one of three good factorization algorithms someday. The other one of the three (aside from that one and the BQP = P one) would be good material for a book about math someday.

My job search will continue and probably be in full swing by the beginning of next week. I probably won't share source code, but instead a link to my website for prospective employers.

DV

Nov 15, 2021, 2:56:44 PM11/15/21
By the way, in case you are wondering, here is how the compression algorithm works:

- Obtain a binary string corresponding to the file.
- Treat the binary string as a number and factor it.
- Given any large prime factors, write down the number in a sense as m + 1, and factor m .
- Keep going until you have only a finite collection of very small prime factors.

I realized, by the way, that you don't need any PTIME factorization algorithms for this...when faced with any large number that is hard or impossible to factor, you can just treat it as m + 1 and factor m as described above. You should be able to code this compression routine within a few hours if you are a good programmer. Watch out for leaks if you're US IC. (I am not trying to make you leak things, I am warning you.)

When I code my application for firms, I will use one of the full factorization algorithms that I've developed.

I really shouldn't be here being trafficked, should I? That was a really poor decision wasn't it, tech CEOs and political leaders?

Ben Bacarisse

Nov 15, 2021, 4:03:44 PM11/15/21
DV <xlt...@gmail.com> writes:

> By the way, in case you are wondering, here is how the compression
> algorithm works:
>
> - Obtain a binary string corresponding to the file.
> - Treat the binary string as a number and factor it.
> - Given any large prime factors, write down the number in a sense as
> m + 1, and factor m .

So different files can produce the same collection of factors.
Presumably the output has some indication of which factors are "natural"
(from m) and which come from having factored some m+1. How is that
done?

> - Keep going until you have only a finite collection of very small
> prime factors.

How is this collection of primes represented in the final output?

--
Ben.

DV

Nov 15, 2021, 4:41:09 PM11/15/21
On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 4:03:44 PM UTC-5, Ben Bacarisse wrote:
> DV <xlt...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > By the way, in case you are wondering, here is how the compression
> > algorithm works:
> >
> > - Obtain a binary string corresponding to the file.
> > - Treat the binary string as a number and factor it.
> > - Given any large prime factors, write down the number in a sense as
> > m + 1, and factor m .
> So different files can produce the same collection of factors.
> Presumably the output has some indication of which factors are "natural"
> (from m) and which come from having factored some m+1. How is that
> done?

OK, I'll bite:

The best way to try to get the basic abstract algebra done is to write the following text on the internet: "Do it yourself, jerk. You won't even read or comment appropriately on my correct proof of the Hodge Conjecture."

I don't think that to be too harsh, do you?

Ben Bacarisse

Nov 15, 2021, 5:21:25 PM11/15/21
DV <xlt...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 4:03:44 PM UTC-5, Ben Bacarisse wrote:
>> DV <xlt...@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > By the way, in case you are wondering, here is how the compression
>> > algorithm works:
>> >
>> > - Obtain a binary string corresponding to the file.
>> > - Treat the binary string as a number and factor it.
>> > - Given any large prime factors, write down the number in a sense as
>> > m + 1, and factor m .
>> So different files can produce the same collection of factors.
>> Presumably the output has some indication of which factors are "natural"
>> (from m) and which come from having factored some m+1. How is that
>> done?
>
> OK, I'll bite:
>
> The best way to try to get the basic abstract algebra done is to write
> the following text on the internet: "Do it yourself, jerk. You won't
> even read or comment appropriately on my correct proof of the Hodge
> Conjecture."
>
> I don't think that to be too harsh, do you?

No, just not pertinent. Good luck with the job search.

--
Ben.

DV

Nov 15, 2021, 6:42:34 PM11/15/21
Update on my math idea:

The basic idea listed above can be improved and I will improve it...the full factorization algorithm will be used in the version on my website, and I'll describe how to do the very efficient version of this algorithm on my website later, too. I will share: The new and more efficient version has to do with trying to find and take advantage of large prime powers, i.e., numbers of the form p^k where p is prime and k is a large natural number. The old version, described above, works better on all instances of compression challenges given some math ideas (involving indexing of primes) that I am not including in the web version or sharing at all right now.