Machine learning to detect diseases

m syadoz

Jul 23, 2022, 8:47:30 PMJul 23
Researches found that wrist-worn health devices can be combined with machine learning to detect COVID-19 infections as early as two days before symptoms appear, and this could open the door to applying the use of wearable health tech for the early detection of other infectious diseases

https://brighterworld.mcmaster.ca/articles/researchers-use-wearable-tech-to-detect-covid-19-before-onset-of-symptoms/

B.H.

Jul 25, 2022, 5:54:20 PMJul 25
On Saturday, July 23, 2022 at 8:47:30 PM UTC-4, m syadoz wrote:
> Researches found that wrist-worn health devices can be combined with machine learning to detect COVID-19 infections as early as two days before symptoms appear, and this could open the door to applying the use of wearable health tech for the early detection of other infectious diseases
>
> https://brighterworld.mcmaster.ca/articles/researchers-use-wearable-tech-to-detect-covid-19-before-onset-of-symptoms/

What do you think of the monkeypox outbreak? I have no idea how serious of a threat that is.

Now that I've been essentially released from captivity, I will have a different attitude on diseases. I will try to have a more helpful attitude rather than say "I told you so."

(I might hear from employers soon so my tone is changing, since I am going to be serious about re-starting my life/career and focusing on others pretty soon, I believe.)

I hope you don't mind me jumping in your thread in this manner.

-Philip White

m syadoz

Jul 25, 2022, 7:50:44 PMJul 25
On Monday, July 25, 2022 at 4:54:20 PM UTC-5, B.H. wrote:
> On Saturday, July 23, 2022 at 8:47:30 PM UTC-4, m syadoz wrote:
> > Researches found that wrist-worn health devices can be combined with machine learning to detect COVID-19 infections as early as two days before symptoms appear, and this could open the door to applying the use of wearable health tech for the early detection of other infectious diseases
> >
> > https://brighterworld.mcmaster.ca/articles/researchers-use-wearable-tech-to-detect-covid-19-before-onset-of-symptoms/
> What do you think of the monkeypox outbreak? I have no idea how serious of a threat that is.

I have heard that there are vaccines but they are currently limited, for instance, to health care workers, because they are most likely to be exposed

B.H.

Jul 26, 2022, 10:05:13 PMJul 26
That sounds like bad news. I wonder if it is predicted to spread like the coronavirus? Probably a lot of the politicians' statements can't be trusted, I remember Boris Johnson's thing with being wrong about the coronavirus some time ago. (And now there is Biden with Ukraine, plenty of non-Trump falsehoods in the news.)

-Philip

Otto J. Makela

Jul 28, 2022, 5:05:09 AMJul 28
"B.H." <xlt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What do you think of the monkeypox outbreak? I have no idea how
> serious of a threat that is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkeypox

Seems to require rather intimate contact to be transmissable, and is
currently mostly limited to the gay community. However, this is also how
AIDS got started in the general human population.

Smallpox vaccines give around 85% protection, but we no longer vaccinate
against it because it is extinct in the wild. This may explain how this
wave of monkeypox has become possible.

--
/* * * Otto J. Makela <o...@iki.fi> * * * * * * * * * */
/* Phone: +358 40 765 5772, ICBM: N 60 10' E 24 55' */

B.H.

Jul 28, 2022, 10:30:32 AMJul 28
Ah, that's interesting...if the CDC were smart they would probably try to pre-empt the monkeypox outbreak and recommend and make available smallpox vaccines and whatever other remedies.

It's probably weird political roadblocks that are preventing that though.

-Philip

B.H.

Aug 4, 2022, 8:36:18 PMAug 4
It looks like monkeypox just got declared a public health emergency.

Does anyone know if some math publication idea would help to fix this? I could easily solve whatever problem and publish something. Probably, though, world governments will just sit there and opt for silence over mass life-saving. It figures, that global leadership crisis is why so many people are dying of disease and war. They're so dumb they have forgotten how to talk, even when thousands of lives depend on it. Oh well, I'll do my part if I can, i.e., if anyone ever asks! Some adhered-to processes are extremely stupid.

-Philip White (philip...@yahoo.com)