The correct definition of a halting decider

immibis

Jan 21, 2024, 8:34:43 AMJan 21
The correct definition of a halting decider is a program which returns
0. Every program doesn't halt if it's aborted before it would have halted.

olcott

Jan 21, 2024, 10:34:22 AMJan 21
On 1/21/2024 7:34 AM, immibis wrote:
> The correct definition of a halting decider is a program which returns
> 0.

Halt deciders must return 0 or 1 (or the equivalent)

--
Copyright 2023 Olcott "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius

immibis

Jan 21, 2024, 12:58:02 PMJan 21
On 1/21/24 16:34, olcott wrote:
> On 1/21/2024 7:34 AM, immibis wrote:
>> The correct definition of a halting decider is a program which returns 0.
>
> Halt deciders must return 0 or 1 (or the equivalent)

0 is 0 or 1.

Richard Damon

Jan 21, 2024, 1:14:41 PMJan 21
On 1/21/24 10:34 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 1/21/2024 7:34 AM, immibis wrote:
>> The correct definition of a halting decider is a program which returns 0.
>
> Halt deciders must return 0 or 1 (or the equivalent)

And that answer must correspond to whether the computation described by
the input returns an answer.

And not look at some OTHER compuation that it confuses the input with.

olcott

Jan 21, 2024, 1:36:57 PMJan 21
So that you are fore warned I will simply ignore
stupid shit that you say and not respond.

Saying that 0 is 0 or 1 will be recognized as stupid
shit by anyone that is neither stupid nor dishonest.

immibis

Jan 21, 2024, 1:53:52 PMJan 21
On 1/21/24 19:36, olcott wrote:
> On 1/21/2024 11:57 AM, immibis wrote:
>>>
>>> Halt deciders must return 0 or 1 (or the equivalent)
>>>

>> 0 is 0 or 1.
>
> So that you are fore warned I will simply ignore
> stupid shit that you say and not respond.
>
> Saying that 0 is 0 or 1 will be recognized as stupid
> shit by anyone that is neither stupid nor dishonest.

so you are saying that 0 isn't 0 or 1?

what is 0 then? is it 2?