Programming Life in Tpascal

Albert Schmezer

Aug 23, 1992, 9:42:15 PM8/23/92
Hello all! I am fairly new to Cellular Automata and EXTREMELY new to
this particular newsgroup. I would like to extend a hello to all.
I am currently programming an adaptation of Conway's Life program in
TurboPascal V6.0 (although in a downward-compatible format to Tpascal V5.0)
and in the middle of testing out my program with the "spaceships" I have seen
posted here a short while ago, I noticed that I seem to have an unusual bug
somewhere in the program which I can't locate. the simple "gliders" work
perfectly fine, but the LWSS spaceship works great until the 15th generation
when a singular pixel gets misplaced and the entire structure collapses.
If anyone who works with both Life and TurboPascal could help me with
this problem I would greatly appreciate it. I am on limited time as I am a
high school student entering Senior year....
Thanx,
<<delusion