Life: The Breeder

Daniel Edward Lovinger

Jun 17, 1992, 10:28:01 AM6/17/92
w...@doc.ic.ac.uk (Bill Sharp) writes:
> I was wondering if anyone out there could mail me a base for MIT's 'breeder' -
> the one with 8? puffer trains forming glider-guns. I've seen in in a few books
> but can't seem to get it working ...

The xlife distribution comes with the breeder (among several
hundred other entities). You should be able to pick up version 3.0
from ftp sites including export.lcs.mit.edu:/contrib/xlife.tar.Z. The
format should be easily translatable to other representations if need
be.

dan

Bill Sharp

Jun 17, 1992, 6:07:55 AM6/17/92

I was wondering if anyone out there could mail me a base for MIT's 'breeder' -
the one with 8? puffer trains forming glider-guns. I've seen in in a few books
but can't seem to get it working ...

Any help would be very welcome!

Bill

--