New formulation of the Margolus neighborhood

1 view

fiziwig

Mar 15, 2003, 1:26:46 AM3/15/03
For any one interested in CA's in general or in simulations that require the
conservatin laws of the Margolus neighborhood in particular I've managed to
devise a method for duplicating all the properties of the Margolus
neighborhood without the paritioning and without the block rules. The
updates occur one cell at a time just as in a normal non-Margolus CA.

In addition this formulation comes with a whole set of variations on a theme
that allow for more complex and intersting static and dynamic neighborhoods
in a CA.

If interested take a look at my little write-up at
http://www.geocities.com/fiziwig/caspin.html

Thanks,

--gary