xindy et mactex 2015

Maïeul

Aug 2, 2015, 9:07:59 AM8/2/15
Bonjour à tous et toutes,

depuis que je suis passé à MacTex 2015, il est impossible d'utiliser xindy

texindy -L english -M philologue -C utf8 animal.idx

produit

"Cannot locate xindy module for language english in codepage utf8"

changer l'input ou la langue ne change rien.

Une idée?

Maïeul

Herbert Schulz

Aug 2, 2015, 9:22:32 AM8/2/15
Howdy,

I have no problem running

texindy -L english -C utf8 -o MakeidxTest.ind MakeidxTest.idx

on a test file on my system, TeX Live 2015 installed by MacTeX along
with all updates using TeX Live Utility. Note: I don't have
philologue.xdy.

The TeX Live 2015 installed by MacTeX is the Full TeX Live as installed
on other systems.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz

Maïeul

Aug 2, 2015, 9:52:11 AM8/2/15
Le 02.08.15 15:22, Herbert Schulz a écrit :
it's normal you have not philologue.sty, it is my own file.

So I may conclude my installation have a problem... not good...

--
Maïeul Rouquette
http://geekographie.maieul.net/-LaTeX-

Herbert Schulz

Aug 2, 2015, 10:26:13 AM8/2/15
Howdy,

Do you have /usr/local/texlive/2015/temf-dist/xindy/lang/english ?

You can try to re-install xindy using TeX Live Utility (or tlmgr).

Good Luck,
Herb Schulz

Maïeul

Aug 2, 2015, 11:16:02 AM8/2/15
Le 02.08.15 16:26, Herbert Schulz a écrit :
I have /usr/local/texlive/2015/texmf-dist/xindy/modules/lang/english,
which is, if I remember my texlive 2014 install, working well.

I have tried to uninstall via texlive utility, but it doesnot work

sudo tlmgr remove xindy
tlmgr: not removing xindy, needed by collection-binextra
tlmgr: not removing xindy.universal-darwin, needed by xindy
tlmgr: not removing xindy.x86_64-darwin, needed by xindy

sudo tlmgr remove collection-binextra
tlmgr: not removing collection-binextra, needed by scheme-full scheme-medium
tlmgr: no packages removed.
tlmgr: action remove returned a warning.

I am afraid to uninstall scheme-full and scheme-medium and to break all
my installation

Herbert Schulz

Aug 2, 2015, 12:30:22 PM8/2/15
Howdy,

But it appears to be in the 2015 folder, not the 2014 folder.

Do you have a log file so I can examine it?

Good Luck,
Herb Schulz

Maïeul

Aug 2, 2015, 1:15:24 PM8/2/15
Le 02.08.15 18:30, Herbert Schulz a écrit :
It is normal it appears in 2015 folder, my problem is with MacteX 2015.
I don't understand your remark.

I have many log file, but which one do you need? tlmgr ? system ? xindy?

Maïeul

Aug 3, 2015, 5:34:22 AM8/3/15
Le 02.08.15 15:07, Maïeul a écrit :
sorry to have post in French. I have make confusion between two list.

However, after a reinstallation, all work.

Maïeul

Aug 3, 2015, 5:57:39 AM8/3/15
Le 03.08.15 11:34, Maïeul a écrit :
> Le 02.08.15 15:07, Maïeul a écrit :
>> Bonjour à tous et toutes,
>>
>> depuis que je suis passé à MacTex 2015, il est impossible d'utiliser
>> xindy
>>
>> texindy -L english -M philologue -C utf8 animal.idx
>>
>> produit
>>
>> "Cannot locate xindy module for language english in codepage utf8"
>>
>> changer l'input ou la langue ne change rien.
>>
>> Une idée?
>>
>> Maïeul
> sorry to have post in French. I have make confusion between two list.
>
> However, after a reinstallation, all work.

however, the update
1/1, ??:??/??:??] update: xindy [534k] (37078 -> 37716)

creates the problem again