Miktex 2.5 package manager "remote package repository is corrupted"

stefanief...@gmail.com

May 13, 2007, 6:12:48 AM5/13/07
I always download my Latex packages using the miktex package manager.
Usually this works fine, but today I encountered this error:
"the remote package repository is corrupted".
it seems like i can't download any package anymore.
When I click "change package repository" and choose "download packages
from the internet", the list with remote repositories (where you
normally choose a ctan mirror) is empty.
what's the problem?

Joseph Wright

May 13, 2007, 6:53:07 AM5/13/07

This happens occasionally to me. Normally if I wait a day, things
seem to settle.

Joseph Wright

Robin Fairbairns

May 13, 2007, 7:06:59 AM5/13/07

has christian asserted that 2.5 installations can nominally continue
to update against the repository, which is presumably now considered a
2.6 entity?

there's certainly something odd about repositories: i installed 2.6 on
friday (so as to check the faq), from the ctan on my own lan, of
course. however, when i ran the faq itself, to test, miktex insisted
(despite my urgent requests) on updating from a *very* slow mirror
somewhere in the usa. if that situation were to persist, i wouldn't
be surprised if the mirror closed/crashed due to overload.

i know there's a mirror status checker (like the ctan mirmon) which
directs the system, and i have in the past found my own mirror marked
as inactive at times when i knew it had been working fine for days.

if that checker had a brainstorm, it could presumably declare
everything useless. but then, waiting a day ought to allow it to
clear itself.
--
Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge

Joseph Wright

May 13, 2007, 10:56:50 AM5/13/07
On May 13, 12:06 pm, r...@cl.cam.ac.uk (Robin Fairbairns) wrote:

The system is down for everyone I guess. I use 2.6, and I have the
same problem at the moment.

Joseph Wright

Michael Ehrt

May 14, 2007, 8:29:13 AM5/14/07
> The system is down for everyone I guess. I use 2.6, and I have the
> same problem at the moment.

It seems to be working again, I just updated my 2.6 installation using
the repository at ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de...

Cheers

Michael

sukesh...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2014, 2:32:06 AM4/25/14
Dear all,

same problem is with me, I am using windows 8, How I can resolve this problem. plz suggest me.

Sukesh
IISc bangalore, India.

Robin Fairbairns

Apr 25, 2014, 12:47:56 PM4/25/14
sukesh...@gmail.com writes:

> On Sunday, May 13, 2007 3:42:48 PM UTC+5:30, stefanief...@gmail.com wrote:
>> I always download my Latex packages using the miktex package manager.
>> Usually this works fine, but today I encountered this error:
>> "the remote package repository is corrupted".
>> it seems like i can't download any package anymore.
>> When I click "change package repository" and choose "download packages
>> from the internet", the list with remote repositories (where you
>> normally choose a ctan mirror) is empty.
>> what's the problem?
>
> same problem is with me, I am using windows 8, How I can resolve this
> problem. plz suggest me.

miktex only retains the current version in the repository; the current
version is 2.9, and the update process doesn't work for old versions of
miktex. i am not surprised that something as old as miktex 2.5 can't
understand the current repository.

--
Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge