MiKTeX - Error installing font packages

tOmmetje

Jan 25, 2011, 3:49:06 PM1/25/11
Hey all

I'm running Windows 7 (64bit) and using MiKTeX 2.9. For some reason I
can't correctly install any font using the Package Manager. The
installation of the package works flawlessly, yet when I try to
compile my tex-file, I get errors like these (this time from the
package tgcursor):

Trying to make PK font ec-qcrr at 600 DPI...
Running miktex-makemf.exe...
miktex-makemf: The ec-qcrr source file could not be found.
Running ttf2pk.exe...
miktex-makepk: PK font ec-qcrr could not be created.

!pdfTeX error: pdflatex (file ec-qcrr): Font ec-qcrr at 600 not found
==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

Thinking it couldn't create the necessary font files since the
packages are installed in the Program Files (x86) directory and I'm
running this from a DOS-window as a normal use, I opened the DOS-
window as Administrator, but still no luck.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

Skander

Jan 26, 2011, 11:45:49 PM1/26/11

Did you use administrator privileges when installing the packages?
Windows 7 is really frickin' weird about permissions. When installing
from the package manager, it helps to have opened as administrator.
I've also found it sometimes helps to run the file database update as
administrator, AND as non-administrator after installing packages.

Again, not sure if this is your problem, but here's the thread I'm
thinking about:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.tex/browse_thread/thread/df442198291a34b5/7aa671d124f325eb

tOmmetje

Jan 28, 2011, 6:37:47 AM1/28/11
On Jan 27, 5:45 am, Skander <amagi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 25, 2:49 pm, tOmmetje <tom.marc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hey all
>
> > I'm running Windows 7 (64bit) and using MiKTeX 2.9. For some reason I
> > can't correctly install anyfontusing the Package Manager. The

> > installation of the package works flawlessly, yet when I try to
> > compile my tex-file, I get errors like these (this time from the
> > package tgcursor):
>
> > Trying to make PKfontec-qcrr at 600 DPI...

> > Running miktex-makemf.exe...
> > miktex-makemf: The ec-qcrr source file could not be found.
> > Running ttf2pk.exe...
> > miktex-makepk: PKfontec-qcrr could not be created.
>
> > !pdfTeX error: pdflatex (file ec-qcrr):Fontec-qcrr at 600 not found

> >  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
>
> > Thinking it couldn't create the necessaryfontfiles since the

> > packages are installed in the Program Files (x86) directory and I'm
> > running this from a DOS-window as a normal use, I opened the DOS-
> > window as Administrator, but still no luck.
>
> > Any thoughts on what might be causing this?
>
> Did you use administrator privileges when installing the packages?
> Windows 7 is really frickin' weird about permissions. When installing
> from the package manager, it helps to have opened as administrator.
> I've also found it sometimes helps to run the file database update as
> administrator, AND as non-administrator after installing packages.
>
> Again, not sure if this is your problem, but here's the thread I'm
> thinking about:http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.tex/browse_thread/thread/df4...

I did everything as administrator, I'll run the file database update
as non-admin too, and let you know if that helped out.

Ulrike Fischer

Jan 30, 2011, 9:01:54 AM1/30/11
Am Fri, 28 Jan 2011 03:37:47 -0800 (PST) schrieb tOmmetje:

>>> I'm running Windows 7 (64bit) and using MiKTeX 2.9. For some reason I
>>> can't correctly install anyfontusing the Package Manager. The
>>> installation of the package works flawlessly, yet when I try to
>>> compile my tex-file, I get errors like these (this time from the
>>> package tgcursor):
>>
>>> Trying to make PKfontec-qcrr at 600 DPI...
>>> Running miktex-makemf.exe...

> I did everything as administrator, I'll run the file database update

> as non-admin too, and let you know if that helped out.

Probably you have a user pdftex.map. This map is not updated when
you install a package as administrator. Try to run (as user) on a
command line.

updmap

--
Ulrike Fischer

tOmmetje

Jan 31, 2011, 6:18:17 PM1/31/11

Many thanks, Ulrike! That solved my problem!

maabsi

Sep 3, 2014, 3:34:12 AM9/3/14
Hello Ulrike
I have the same problem but for another font

Trying to make PK font cmcsc10+1001s at 657DPI...

Running miktex-makemf.exe...

miktex-makemf: The cmcsc10+1001s source file could not be found. Running tt2pk.exe...

make-makepk: PK font mathkerncmssi8 could not be created.

Ratiba Fellag

Feb 23, 2021, 10:53:52 AM2/23/21
2021 and your solution still works. Thank you for sharing