LaTeX Warning: Label `' multiply defined

Carlos F. Jove

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96
How can I get rid off of these warnings:
LaTeX Warning: Label `' multiply defined?

I get this warning at the end of the Latex run:

LaTeX Warning: There were multiply-defined labels

I don't understand what are these multiply-defined labels?

Any help will be greatly appreciated....

Carlos Jove

jo...@pangea.stanford.edu

cla...@uclapp.physics.ucla.edu

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96
In article <4jq4fv$8...@nntp.Stanford.EDU>, jo...@pangea.Stanford.EDU (Carlos F. Jove) writes:
>How can I get rid off of these warnings:
>LaTeX Warning: Label `' multiply defined?
>
>I get this warning at the end of the Latex run:
>
>LaTeX Warning: There were multiply-defined labels
>
>I don't understand what are these multiply-defined labels?

My best guess, not having seen your input file, is that this means
exactly what it says: you have two (or more) \label commands with the
same argument. Renaming them to be different - and renaming the
corresponding \ref's and \pageref's accordingly - should solve your
problem.

>Any help will be greatly appreciated....
>

>Carlos Jove

Hope this does help.
Martin

Petri Kaurinkoski

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96
jo...@pangea.Stanford.EDU (Carlos F. Jove) wrote:
>How can I get rid off of these warnings:
>LaTeX Warning: Label `' multiply defined?
>
>I get this warning at the end of the Latex run:
>
>LaTeX Warning: There were multiply-defined labels

This means that you have the text \label{} in at least two places in your text.
Search for \label{} in your text and you will find the answer.

Regards, Petri

Petri Kaurinkoski Petri.Ka...@hut.fi
Helsinki University of Technology Tel. + 358-0-451 3461
Laboratory of Aerodynamics Telefax + 358-0-451 3418
S{hk|miehentie 4, FIN-02150, FINLAND Telex 125161 htkk sf
http://www.aero.hut.fi/~kaurinko/

Piet van Oostrum

Apr 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/3/96
to Petri Kaurinkoski

PK> jo...@pangea.Stanford.EDU (Carlos F. Jove) wrote:
>> How can I get rid off of these warnings:
>> LaTeX Warning: Label `' multiply defined?
>>
>> I get this warning at the end of the Latex run:
>>
>> LaTeX Warning: There were multiply-defined labels
>>

PK> This means that you have the text \label{} in at least two places in
PK> your text. Search for \label{} in your text and you will find the
PK> answer.

It could also be a \bibitem{}.
--
Piet van Oostrum <pi...@cs.ruu.nl>