aligning text in beamer description environment

Sivaram Neelakantan

May 2, 2022, 1:46:59 PM5/2/22

How do I get the text to be aligned when using description
environment?

\begin{description}
\item[Biology] Study of life.
\item[Physics] Science of matter and its motion.
\item[Psychology] Scientific study of mental processes and behaviour.
\end{description}

When the file is generated, the labels are aligned but not the text.
% what I want
Biology Study of life.
Physics Science of matter and its motion.
Psychology Scientific study of mental processes and behaviour.

% what I get
Biology Study of life.
Physics Science of matter and its motion.
Psychology Scientific study of mental processes and behaviour.

Now the text description itself is going to be multiline text.

sivaram

Denis Bitouzé

May 2, 2022, 4:30:21 PM5/2/22
Le 02/05/22 à 23h16, Sivaram Neelakantan a écrit :

> How do I get the text to be aligned when using description
> environment?
>
> \begin{description}
> \item[Biology] Study of life.
> \item[Physics] Science of matter and its motion.
> \item[Psychology] Scientific study of mental processes and behaviour.
> \end{description}
>
> When the file is generated, the labels are aligned but not the text.
>
> % what I want
> Biology Study of life.
> Physics Science of matter and its motion.
> Psychology Scientific study of mental processes and behaviour.
>
> % what I get
> Biology Study of life.
> Physics Science of matter and its motion.
> Psychology Scientific study of mental processes and behaviour.
>
> Now the text description itself is going to be multiline text.

Try:

\begin{description}[Psychology]
\item[Biology] Study of life.
\item[Physics] Science of matter and its motion.
\item[Psychology] Scientific study of mental processes and behaviour.
\end{description}
Denis

Sivaram Neelakantan

May 3, 2022, 12:14:32 PM5/3/22
On Mon, May 02 2022,Denis Bitouzé wrote:

> Le 02/05/22 à 23h16, Sivaram Neelakantan a écrit :

[snipped 23 lines]

> Try:
>
> \begin{description}[Psychology]
> \item[Biology] Study of life.
> \item[Physics] Science of matter and its motion.
> \item[Psychology] Scientific study of mental processes and behaviour.
> \end{description}

Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted!

sivaram