\multirow in tabular environment

Suresh Uppal

Aug 30, 2002, 4:42:19 AM8/30/02
Hi all,

I am using Miktex 2.2 with Winedt 5.2.(on winNT)
While trying to use \multirow I get the error:
!undefined control sequence
<recently read> \multirow

I have checked the relavant style file exists in c:\program
files\miktex\tex\latex\multirow.. and I tried using updating the miktex
database as well just to make sure. The problem still persists. Any
suggestion???
Here is the code I am using:
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\begin{tabular}{|l|l|l|l|}
\hline
\multirow{3}{qqq}& c2a & \multirow{3}{text}& c2b \\
& c2w & & c4r \\
& vuy & & jhg \\
\hline
\end{tabular}
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

PLEASE HELP!!
cheers
suresh

Robin Fairbairns

Aug 30, 2002, 5:11:38 AM8/30/02
"Suresh Uppal" <sur...@soton.ac.uk> writes:
>I am using Miktex 2.2 with Winedt 5.2.(on winNT)
>While trying to use \multirow I get the error:
>!undefined control sequence
><recently read> \multirow
>
>I have checked the relavant style file exists in c:\program
>files\miktex\tex\latex\multirow.. and I tried using updating the miktex
>database as well just to make sure. The problem still persists. Any
>suggestion???

i trust you have \usepackage{multirow} in your document?

if not, just add it (latex packages don't auto-load)
--
Robin Fairbairns, Cambridge -- rf10 at cam dot ac dot uk